Summer Employment Opportunities
Employment dates for 2018 will be June 21 - July 21
The University of Pittsburgh Health Career Scholars Academy is a four-week, residential summer program that brings gifted high school sophomores and juniors to the University of Pittsburgh's Oakland campus. The Scholars Academy provides hands-on experience and education in numerous health careers. The program also assists students with leadership development, enhances their social and academic preparation for college, and encourages a sense of responsibility for the status of health in their community.
UPHCSA is accepting resumes from undergraduate and graduate students, as well as health professionals, in all disciplines for the following temporary positions: Act 33/34 and Act 151 Clearances must be obtained for ALL positions. Fingerprint clearances are also required for new employees.
Resident Life Counselor (RLC)
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a college junior, senior, first year graduate or medical school student.
- Be a team player and independent thinker
- Be responsible
- Be comfortable facilitating small groups and communicating one on one
- Be comfortable working with teenagers
- Be well organized
- Must obtain Act 33/34, Act 151 and FBI fingerprinting clearances
- Able to live in residence for the entire program
Learning Team Consultant (LTC)
- Graduate or doctoral students in public health, education, social work or other disciplines.
- Comfortable speaking publicly, one-on-one, and in small groups
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication
- Ability to teach and facilitate 14 -16 gifted high school students
- Must have Act 33/34, Act 151 and FBI fingerprinting clearances
- Resumes and cover letters should be directed to
- Suite 300 Iroquois Building
- 3600 Forbes Avenue
- Pittsburgh, PA 15213
For more information and a detailed job description
- Send an email to Karen Narkevic
- Phone: 412-647-5362
- Fax to: 412-647-8222 attention: Karen Narkevic, UPHCSA Director